My contribution to the Scrapbook Challenge – Scrapbook a layout of you

Well since I set all of you The Challenge, it seems only fair that I take it up too.

The journalling for this layout is from a post I did last year and I used Andrea’s Waiting for Summer kit, because since this is a layout about me I thought I should use a kit which has been dedicated to me (I’m still so buzzed about that Andrea). Hope you enjoy it.

Credits: Waiting for Summer kit by Andilynn Designs

There’s been quite a lot of interest in The Challenge and quite a few people have already posted their layouts and pinged me. The great thing is that the participants are spread around a number of different scrapbooking communities so when I publish the Visitor List there should be quite a few new scrappers’ blogs for everyone to visit.

There’s still time to get on board. Remember you have until the end of May to post a layout about yourself on your blog (it can be a new one or one you prepared earlier). But you must post a link to this post in your own post. I’m monitoring the pings for a later post on blogging.

At the beginning of June I’ll post a Visitors List and we can all get out there and share the love.

Other related posts

Scrapbook Challenge – scrapbook a layout about you
Independence – Living in the ‘Selfish’ Years
It’s all about me

23 Responses to My contribution to the Scrapbook Challenge – Scrapbook a layout of you

1. andilynn May 20, 2007 at 11:45 am #

Karen, what a gorgeous layout–need to start working on mine. Self aware, self confident, self reliant–lots of positive attributes come from living in the “self”ish years. You’re too thoughtful and interconnected to be really selfish, so enjoy yourself in your independence.

Andrea

PS What a fun scrapbook kit you used to make your layout–lol! I feel honored. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

2. pacifictonz May 20, 2007 at 2:30 pm #

Stunning layout and awesome honest journaling – love it

3. Karen May 20, 2007 at 8:58 pm #

Thanks for the kind words Andrea and Toni.

4. Hannah May 21, 2007 at 5:46 am #

Fantastic layout – love the honesty in the journalling.

5. fuzzynale May 21, 2007 at 12:22 pm #

Your journalling is great! I admire your love for independence… enjoy!

6. ~ AM ~ May 21, 2007 at 7:14 pm #

Love the honest and heart-felt journalling. Of course, the page is gorgeous too! :)

7. Karen May 21, 2007 at 7:40 pm #

Thanks Hannah, Lena and Anne Marie.I don’t normally do the heavy dramatic journaling thing but this was a post that I have wanted to scrap for a long time.

8. Mackey May 22, 2007 at 2:15 am #

Karen this is absolutely amazing! It’s such an artistically beautiful page and your journaling is so heartfelt and true! Thank you for sharing it with us all!

9. Sharon May 22, 2007 at 11:27 am #

Gorgeous layout and great journalling. I lived by myself for years before I got married and loved it. Even though I am happy with my life now, sometimes I miss that independence :)

10. Karen May 22, 2007 at 9:38 pm #

Thanks a lot for your kind words Mackey and Sharon. They’re much appreciated.

11. Corina May 23, 2007 at 2:00 am #

I love your page, I love the journaling!

12. love2scrap May 23, 2007 at 2:15 pm #

great layout!! how long till my selfish years? seven kids to get out of the house… maybe I can live vicariously through you. :-)

I am trying to get my layout done, but MAY have to post the old one I did…

13. Karen May 23, 2007 at 10:23 pm #

Laura you’re welcome to live vicariously through me but with seven kids I’m tipping you have an action packed life of your own.

Corina thank you for your lovely words.

14. harmonia May 23, 2007 at 11:32 pm #

Great layout…not only for your scrappin but for your blog! Nice place you have here!

15. Karen May 23, 2007 at 11:41 pm #

Thanks very much Harmonia. And welcome to the blog.

16. Janine May 28, 2007 at 6:11 am #

Here you go my contribution. Not a lot of journalling but some great photos of me.

17. Karen May 28, 2007 at 7:48 pm #

Great Janine. Glad you’re joining us.

18. Tink May 29, 2007 at 1:20 am #

Awwww the selfish years. I couldn’t wait to get into them, loved it while it lasted and now waiting for them again. It always seems to me that if you feel you have done a good job raising the children, having them leave is not as stressful as it is made out to be. When each of mine left home, I went to a secluded park, cried for 15 minutes then went home and got back on with my life and extra space for my hobbies.

19. Karen May 29, 2007 at 12:51 pm #

Couldn’t agree more Tink.
    If you’ve done a good job they never really go that far (spiritually) anyway. Seona flies down from Sydney each month for a weekend and we chat on the phone through the week.

1. Top 10 Tips for Working with Layers in Photoshop Elements (PSE) - June 30, 2007

[…] effect. I am enjoying playing with blending using photos over a background paper such as in my Independence […]

2. Working with Photoshop Layers - EXPERTS ADVICE FORUM - September 9, 2008

3. The Scrapbook Awards. Enter your scrapbook designs online and win! - October 13, 2010

4. Top 10 Tips For Working With Layers In Photoshop Elements (PSE) « DSLR Club - January 5, 2011

[…] effect. I am enjoying playing with blending using photos over a background paper such as in my Independence layout. If you’re going to adjust colour and/or contrast use an Adjustment Layer. Activate […]