The Smile on my Dial

“What’s put a smile on your dial?” is the question asked by Kelly from Little Bits of my World.

Well given that I’m a firm believer that Humour is the best survival tool I own, I tend to have a smile on my dial whenever I’m interacting with anyone. But I do have something special to keep it there right now.

About 10 days ago I met up with a girlfriend for lunch at our favourite Italian restaurant. It always brings back the memories of our last trip together 2 years ago when we went to Provence and Northern Italy. Both of us have ‘other halves’ who are not interested in travel whilst we are mad for it. Plus we enjoy the same things so we make perfect travel buddies.

Anyway the conversation flowed around goals and future plans and direction and by the time we had reached the coffee we had decided to go to Northern Italy and Greece for four weeks in September and October!

So right now, no matter how stressful things get with work etc. (and they are a bit stressful just now), I am grinning on the inside and sporting a secret smile on the outside as I go through the day.

Life is good. Smiling makes it better.

15 Responses to The Smile on my Dial

1. Hannah June 6, 2007 at 2:30 pm #

That sounds like a great reason to smile, Karen! Isn’t it nice to have great memories and be able to relive them like that.

2. Janine June 6, 2007 at 6:17 pm #

oh how nice is that, I am envious.

3. Karen June 6, 2007 at 10:16 pm #

THanks Hannah and Janine. I’m pretty buzzed about it. Usually my trip plans are started about a year in advance but this is just around the corner.

4. Corina June 6, 2007 at 11:34 pm #

Traveling for fun can put a smile on your face!

5. fuzzynale June 7, 2007 at 1:59 am #

Oh wow… Northern Italy and Greece sounds great. Look forward to seeing the pics after u have made the trip!

6. Seona June 7, 2007 at 8:33 am #

And of course, it’s likely to lead to another killer scrapbook…

7. Karen June 7, 2007 at 11:00 pm #

Totally agree Corina. Traveling for fun is great but traveling for work is…well, work.

I’m sure there’ll be plenty of pics Lena.

Damn Seona, you’ve found me out. That’s the only reason I’m going.

8. Antoinette June 8, 2007 at 9:44 am #

That will be a wonderful holiday Karen. Greek and Italian food…. heaven! And you’ve picked the right months, it won’t be as hot as in July.
    I’m already looking forward to reading your holiday stories and viewing the pictures – that is part of the fun too.

9. Kahshe Cottager aka Jen June 9, 2007 at 5:12 am #

Lucky, lucky you – I would be smiling too! I had wanted to visit Greece on my 25th anniversary but hubby had other plans. I hope you take lots of pictures to share!!!

10. Karen June 10, 2007 at 1:44 pm #

Well we like to revisit somewhere we’ve been before and then explore new territory. Greece is the new adventure for both of us and we’re very excited. I lived for 3 years in Cyprus as a kid and thought the ancient temples etc were just rubbishy old rocks. But now it’s different…

11. Tink June 11, 2007 at 12:16 am #

Wooo Hooo, good for you.

12. eje June 12, 2007 at 1:14 pm #

O.M.G. I’m sooooo envious. I can hear you now….”Ahaa Greece”

13. Karooch June 12, 2007 at 9:36 pm #

Well Elaine, you know that Grease is the word….

14. Martha~aka~Krash June 14, 2007 at 12:45 pm #

“Well Elaine, you know that Grease is the word….”

LOL! May be the word but WOW will you ever have the TIME of your life!! Sounds just wonderful!! Can’t wait to check out the photos and live vicariously through you:)

1. I'll be Back - September 20, 2007