50th Anniversary Card and Template

A few weeks ago my Aunt and Uncle celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary.

So I made a great little card for them, scraplifted from a ‘beyond the page’ album project which Sandra Hyde published in Scrapbooking Memories a couple of months ago. I modified the idea and turned it into a card. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out so I thought I would share the template I made with you. Hope you like it.

50th-anniversary-3.jpg

And here’s the detail. By the way the paper I used is from Josie Celio’s Tea Garden kit and the frames are from Elizabeth Weaver’s Family Charms.

50th-anniversary-1.jpg 50th-anniversary-2.jpg

You can download the 50th Anniversary Card template here.

Instructions:

1. Print and cut out template.
  2. Cut around template on cardstock of your choice (I used gold cardstock)
  3. Turn template over (ie: use reverse side) and draw the shape on the back of your patterned paper.
  4. Cut aprox 0.25 inch around the outside of the drawn shape on the patterned paper.
  5. Cut through the join between the front and the back on the patterned paper.
  6. Fold the cardstock into card shape and score the folded edge.
  7. Glue the ’50’ shape patterned paper to the front of the card and trim around the edges with sharp scissors or an exacto knife. I like to finish the edges with an emery board for a smooth finish.
  8. Glue the other piece of patterned paper to the inside of the card and trim with scissors or exacto knife.
  9. Ink around the edges of the card to enhance the vintage look. Remember ink is the great forgiver; it disguises all your flaws in cutting out your paper so don’t stress if your cutting is not perfect.
  10. Add your photos, charms, rub-ons and other embellishments as desired.

If you make your own version pop it on your own blog and send me a link. I’d love to see it.

If you enjoyed this article why not subscribe to my free RSS feed. That way you can easily track all the daily posts on Scraps of Mind. Not sure what RSS is? All is explained here.

Mini Album for Bec’s 18th
Scrapbooking Tips & Techniques – Make Coordinating Flowers
Scrapbook Tips & Techniques – Personalising your Backgrounds
Scrapbook Tips & Techniques – Doodling for the Drawing Challenged

Full length Digital Scrapbook Tutorials

15 Responses to 50th Anniversary Card and Template

1. Hannah August 13, 2007 at 5:14 pm #

Very nice, Karen!
    And congratulations to them on 50 years! Impressive!

2. Bonnie August 14, 2007 at 8:12 am #

Hi Karen, I LOVE your card-it is beautiful! You did an amazing job with it! I wanted you to know that I have nominated you for something..so go check out my blog! Bonnie

3. karooch August 14, 2007 at 9:42 am #

Thanks Hannah and Bonnie. I just realised that I didn’t upload the template at the same time as the post so I’ve had to fix that up. Yes 50 years is a fantastic achievement, especially these days. And they are a wonderful couple.

Thanks in advance Bonnie, I’m off to check your blog now.

4. Heather August 14, 2007 at 12:41 pm #

Great card template, Karen and thanks, I will download this, as I’ve just received an invitation to a 50th Wedding Anniversary in September!

5. karooch August 14, 2007 at 8:39 pm #

Hey was that great timing or what Heather. Look forward to seeing the card you make.

6. corina August 16, 2007 at 5:24 pm #

I have to try it for some good friends, only 35 anniversary but it is to nice to let it go:)
    Thank you!

7. karooch August 16, 2007 at 5:43 pm #

Look forward to seeing how your card turns out Corina.

8. Maureen September 7, 2008 at 2:18 am #

That’s a beautiful idea. I wish I’d searched and come across your sight sooner. Our family’s celebration is tomorrow and I would have loved to present my in-laws with such a beautiful gift.

Maureens last blog post..Into the Great Wide Open

9. karooch September 8, 2008 at 9:23 pm #

Well I hope your celebration went well anyway Maureen. And that your parents in law had a wonderful time.

10. Jerry July 7, 2010 at 12:27 pm #

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say thanks for the template. I’m working on it now for my grandparent’s anniversary.

11. karooch July 7, 2010 at 6:48 pm #

I’d love to see a photo of the card you make for your grandparents with the template. I just recently used it to make a 50th Birthday card for my brother. You can see it here.

12. google positionnement September 3, 2013 at 7:41 am #

I really love your site.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you create this site yourself? Please reply back as I’m
    planning to create my own personal website and want to learn where you
    got this from or just what the theme is named. Appreciate it!

• karooch September 3, 2013 at 10:08 pm #

Thanks a lot for the complement on my site design. Actually Scraps of Mind was designed by my daughter Seona. She is a web designer and if you’re interested in talking to her about designing a web site you can contact her by leaving a comment here.

1. Scraps Of Mind » Blog Archive » Hybrid Scrapbooking a 50th Card - May 27, 2010

[…] used this template before when I made a 50th Wedding Anniversary card for my Aunt and Uncle. And if you want to try it out you can download the template here. If you […]

2. Digital Scrapbook Freebie Collection — Scraps Of Mind - September 18, 2012

[…] * Free Scrapbooking Recipes * Scrapbook Organization on a Budget * The Ultimate Scrapbook Freebie * 50th Anniversary Card and a Template * How to Make Word […]