How did you Get into Scrapbooking?

national-scrapbook-day.jpgOver the last month I’ve taken many of you on my ScrapBlogging Journey: a saga in four parts. In Part Two I described how I first got involved in scrapbooking when I was frustrated by having the memories of a trip to France scattered across different media (Photo CD, trip diary CD and accumulated memorabilia). How it really bugged me that I couldn’t enjoy them all together. And then how I saw a scrapbooking magazine at a friend’s place which totally excited and inspired me so that I rushed home and compiled my first album over the next two weeks.

Well I was thinking about that turning point which had such a significant impact on my life. And I wondered how you guys started your scrapbooking journey. Did it hit you like a bolt from the blue, similar to my experience? Did it sneak up on you until you found yourself addicted to it without realising it? Or maybe Scrapbooking is something you’ve done since you were a kid; having been exposed to it by your Mother.

What’s your Scrapbooking story? I bet we’d all like to hear about the different paths that each of us have traveled to become Scrapbookers. Let’s share the lowdown in this post. Come on, let’s hear your Scrapbooking Story.

Other related Posts:

My ScrapBlogging Journey – in four parts
Why I Scrapbook
Hybrid Scrapbooking – What’s it all about?

7 Responses to How did you Get into Scrapbooking?

1. Tink October 24, 2007 at 11:12 pm #

Actually my sister introduced it to me. And I would go over to her house and we would scrap together. Then I discovered a scrapbook store right next to where Pan worked. I went in and the next thing I knew I was signed up for a gazillion classes.

2. Theresa October 24, 2007 at 11:52 pm #

My sister got me started as well. I saw what she was doing and was so impressed. I then started going to Creative Memories Crops. I love their products and page designs.

3. Hannah October 25, 2007 at 4:54 am #

My story will be familiar to many … I started as a cardmaker, and eventually “crossed over” to scrapbooking! I taught myself, using books and the internet. Never been to a class except for the one I taught last month! LOL.

4. karooch October 25, 2007 at 7:56 am #

Yeah sisters have a lot to answer for Tink and Theresa. Although I can’t blame my scrapbooking addiction on mine. Wait a minute though. If I really work on it, I’m sure I can find a way to blame her.

Hey Hannah, my story is similar but in reverse. I started out scrapbooking and then ‘crossed over’ to cardmaking. Maybe we waved as we passed each other on the cross over.

5. Antoinette October 25, 2007 at 9:04 am #

My story is a little different – no sister to blame, lol. Someone at my regular pixel forum mentioned she hardly had any space left on her computer, because of the huge files from her DS kits.
    DS? DS??? What the heck is that? She explained it was Digital Scrapbooking and suddenly a lightbulb popped up: Maybe THAT was what I needed to get my muse back. I googled, found DSP and was hooked :)
    Now I get to preserve my memories AND create new graphics, because it definitely brought my muse back.
    I have several unfinished regular scrapbooking layouts and I’m afraid I will never finish those – I do add some scrapbooking techniques to my cards though.

6. Olga October 29, 2007 at 12:17 am #

In my case it was an accident, I was looking around in Internet and I saw something about scrapbooking. Not knowing what it was I started to read and get to know about, and as I’ve always been interested in photography, image editing was very close so one thing led to another and I got hooked on it. A year later and a computer full of stuff plus several books related more or less to the issue and more things like those, I find myself considering to get into digital more seriously like having a blog and perhaps trying my hand, of course as a test only, nothing serious. :)

It has substitute TV even, it’s terrible.

Thanks for the article and best wishes. :O)

7. karooch October 29, 2007 at 7:39 am #

Ummm…well given that TV these days seems to consist entirely of ‘reality’ shows and Idol I think you’re better off with scrapbooking Olga.