Word Art Freebie to Welcome the New Year

Happy New Year everyone and Welcome to 2008!

Over in Australia and New Zealand we’ve had the chance to sample the New Year before the rest of you. And let me tell you, it looks great! I just know that 2008 is going to be a fabulous year.

cherish-003-page-4.jpg So to celebrate and to welcome it in I thought I’d make a piece of Word Art to give away to you.

I’ve used it on this layout as the title to give you an idea of how it can look. I made the layout with one of Scrapbook Max’s super quick and easy templates. Although being me, I had to modify it to make it more my own.

It was really easy to incorporate my Word Art into the template. I just dragged the PNG file from its folder in my stash onto the template with the mouse and then dragged it about to get it the size I wanted.

But on to the Freebie

I am a bit of a sentimentalist and the Christmas and New Year Season seems to bring that out even more. So I felt inspired to create this sentimental piece of Word Art for you.

Click here to download the full sized PNG file
Then right click on the page and select Save Image As…

If you think your Scrapbooking friends might like this Word Art, please share the link to this post with them. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t just give them the link to the file as I’d really like them to visit Scraps of Mind. Who knows they may enjoy it as much as you.

And I’d really love it if you would share this with the wider scrapbooking world by voting for it on Stumble or adding it to your bookmarks on Delicious.

Review of the Scrapbook Max Scrapbooking Software Program
Scraps of Mind Free Weekly Word Art Newsletter
Have you ever tried making an Animated Scrapbook Layout
Let your Blog Stumble…it won’t hurt

Scrapbook MAX! Digital Scrapbooking Software

12 Responses to Word Art Freebie to Welcome the New Year

1. Tink January 2, 2008 at 2:37 am #

Happy New Year. Did you do a lot of celebrating? We didn’t. Snuggled in bed and watched Boston Legal all night, LOL.

And just a little tip for your readers who may be as lazy as I. When downloading your word art, when they right click there is a choice of “Save Target As.” Lot easier than opening a new page. But mind you this will only work if it is taking your directly to the graphic and not another webpage.

2. karooch January 2, 2008 at 7:28 am #

Thanks Tink. I like that approach. I’ll start using it in the newsletters from now on.

I had a gentle but lovely New Year. It was baking hot here (45 degrees C). Allan & I went for a drive down to the river but there were too many people there for our taste. So we drove around for a bit and came across this great winery. We started chatting to the owner and found ourselves whiling away a great couple of hours talking and sampling before heading off for our dinner reservations. All in all, very good thank you.

3. Cindy January 3, 2008 at 10:06 am #

Great layout! I love it.

4. Yolanda January 3, 2008 at 10:36 am #

This is great..thanks so much for the WA freebie..!!!!!

5. karooch January 3, 2008 at 10:41 am #

Thanks Cindy and Yolanda. Hope you have fun with the Word Art. If you post a layout with it please let me know as I’d love to see it.

6. Sol Lederman January 4, 2008 at 8:12 am #

Hi Karooch,

Happy New Year!

I’m delighted that you’re giving away free art. That’s a wonderful and creative way to share the joy!

7. karooch January 4, 2008 at 11:36 am #

Thank Sol. I give it away every week to my Newsletter readers. It’s a lot of fun to create things to give to people.

8. Heather January 5, 2008 at 7:29 am #

I like this a lot. Many thanks

9. karooch January 5, 2008 at 9:09 am #

Hey glad you like it Heather. I enjoyed making it for you.

10. bumblefreebie March 29, 2009 at 12:50 am #

thx for the great share :D

1. free-scrapbooking-stuff - January 4, 2008

[…] I have a free Word Art sample for you here on Scraps of […]

2. How to Make Word Art - Digital Scrapbooking Tutorial | Scraps Of Mind - January 23, 2008

[…] A Word Art Freebie to Welcome the New Year […]