Well now that all the dust and confusion of the Christmas Holiday Season is over and we’re starting to settle back into our ‘normal’ routines I thought I’d tell you about a little Scraps of Mind project I’ve been thinking about.
Last September/October, when I was on a 4 week vacation I hosted some Guest Blog posts on Scraps of Mind. You may remember Melo’s articles on choosing scrapbook layout title names and her tutorial on PhotoShop Styles, as well as Kayla’s information packed article on photography and Seona’s experiences as a scrapbooking orphan.
Well I thought it would be cool to inject a bit of variety into the Scraps of Mind writing style by having a regular Guest Post Spot once a month for readers to submit their own articles for all our enjoyment.
The Benefits to You
The benefit to Scraps of Mind readers is obvious: an injection of new blood will make for even more interesting reading for everyone.
The benefits to those of you who would like to contribute are these:
- Scraps of Mind has a good profile in the Scrapbooking blogosphere. Your article on Scraps of Mind is an opportunity to showcase your work to a bunch of readers who may never have been to your blog. If they like what they read you may well win new hearts and new readers.
- You will get links to your blog when your article is presented. Scraps of Mind is a Google Page Rank 4 (now 2 becaust they slapped me for hosting text link ads) blog so links from here are still pretty worthwhile in terms of building your own ranking in the Search Engines. It all helps to drive traffic to your blog.
- You’ll also have a permanent link on the Scraps of Mind Article Page which is a popular resource for new readers coming to Scraps of Mind as well as regular readers.
- If you don’t have a blog of your own but would like to see yourself published and know that lots of scrapbookers are reading your stuff, this is a great way to do it. Another boost to your scrapbooking profile.
What do I have to do?
Write an original article on any subject to do with Scrapbooking. This must not be something you have posted on your blog or elsewhere.
Send it to me at karooch(at)scrapsofmind(dot)com
Include in the email:
- the link that you would like to use (if you have one)
- the by-line you would like to use at the end of the article
- any descriptive words about you that you would like to include in your by-line
I will review it, and if accepted, I will let you know what date it will be published so you can tell all your existing fans about it.
I’m really hoping this idea takes off because I think that more writers on Scraps of Mind would really broaden its scope. So I’m looking forward to reading your submissions.
It would probably be a good idea to contact me before you start on your article in case your topic has already been covered elsewhere on Scraps of Mind or by another contributor. If you have any questions that I haven’t answered in this post, please feel free to email me at the above address.
Other Related Articles: