A few weeks ago Monique wrote a great Guest Article on Scraps of Mind about Scrapbooking your recipes. It got a lot of response from readers and that started me thinking.
How about making a Scraps of Mind Yummy Treats Recipe Book?
So here’s how it works:
This is open to all Scraps of Mind readers.
You create a scrapbook layout of your favourite yummy treat recipes – we’ll focus on sweet things for this project.
We will all need to scrapbook in the same format so that the overall book will look good and be consistent. So please make your scrapbook layouts in either A$ or 10 inches x 8.5 inches and in a Landscape orientation.
And Paper Scrapbookers, you’re not excluded from this. Make your paper scrapbook layout and scan it into your computer. The size should fit easily onto everybody’s scanner bed.
It would be good if you could include a photo of the finished dish in your Scrapbook layout. And make sure that you find a place on your layout to let people know who you are, either your first name or your nickname, and your blog if you have one.
Then you save as a JPG file (do not save for the web because that won’t be the best quality print out).
You can email the file to me at recipescrap(at)gmail(dot)com. Or if it’s a bit too large for your email system you can open a free account at www.yousendit.com which will allow you to upload your file to their site and nominate which email address you want to send it to. In your email make sure you give credits to the Scrapbook Designers for the products you used and I’ll include an Appendix at the back of the book.
I will then compile all your layouts into a downloadable eBook. I’ll post the link to the Recipe Book on Scraps of Mind and you and your friends can all download it and print it out.
I thought this would be a great keepsake for Scraps of Mind readers as well as being a great kitchen resource.
Now I have avoided cooking wherever possible for many years. But I still plan to have a contribution in this book. My sister-in-law and niece are living with me at the moment and both of them are divas in the art of cooking yummy treats.
So what do you think?
Would you like to be a part of this project?
To recap, this is what you need to do:
- Create a scrapbook layout of your favourite cake or dessert in an A4 or 10 inches x 8.5 inches size (landscape orientation)
- Include your name and blog somewhere on your layout.
- If you create a paper scrapbook layout, scan it into your computer at a minimum of 200dpi.
- Save your layout file as a JPG at either 200dpi or 300dpi. Do not do a ‘save for the web’.
- Email your scrapbook layout to recipescrap(at)gmail(dot)com, or
- Upload it to YouSendIt and send it to recipescrap(at)gmail(dot)com that way.
- Include credits for your scrapbook elements used in your email.
- Get ready to be a part of the Scraps of Mind Yummy Treats Recipe Book.
If you want to join us please leave a comment below so I can get an idea of how many pages this book might be. Also give an indication of when you would be able to send the layout. I’ll need to have a cut off date, let’s say 20 April 2008, so that we can get this baby into publication.
Ooooh! I’m excited about this.