Scrapbooking Nature

Most times the focal point of our Scrapbook Layout is the photo (although I have written previously about using journaling as your focal point).

But let’s be honest, the majority of our scrapbooking layouts are to showcase one or more photos. And the subject matter of the photos tends to be those that are dear to us: our family and friends.

whowasbringingthepotatosala.jpg

So here’s the thing.

Do you scrapbook photos that don’t have people in them?

Now I don’t count pets in this. To my mind pets are just kids without the electronic toys. And I group them under family.

But do you scrapbook photos of Nature?

I mean photos of wild animals (well, let’s say animals that are not tame ones anyway). Or a beautiful rose on a bush. Or a magnificent landscape.

Scrapbook layouts of topics like this are so refreshing and make a great resting place for the eye when viewing your album.

So today’s scrapbook idea is to create a layout scrapbooking nature.

Post your layout on your blog and leave a link in the comment section of this post.

If I get enough links I’ll do another post in a couple of weeks with all the nature layout links so all Scraps of Mind Readers can visit and enjoy them.

The ‘So Who Was Bringing the Potato Salad’ layout is of three parakeets settling down to a feed at Allan’s high rise feeding dish (a popular restaurant amongst the local birdlife).

Thanks to Valerie Randall of Scrap Girls for her magnificent Altered State kit.

Other Articles you might enjoy:

Have you ever tried making an Animated Scrapbook Layout?

How to Digital Scrapbook

Make Your Journaling Pop

, ,

13 Responses to Scrapbooking Nature

1. Antoinette April 2, 2008 at 11:00 pm #

Love the birds! Mine has got flowers though :)
    Not sure if I can use html here, so I just leave the link: http://www.atsparkys.com/wordpress/?p=169

2. Brooke - in Oregon April 2, 2008 at 11:50 pm #

I don’t do this as often as I should but here is one of the ones I have :)

Brooke – in Oregon’s last blog post..Spring Snow!

3. Tink April 3, 2008 at 2:19 am #

I’ll have to look back to see where I have posted mine, but yeah, I periodically scrap things other than family, friends or people. :)

4. karooch April 3, 2008 at 12:50 pm #

Just popped over and checked out your layout Antoinette. Love the romantic look and those flowers are truly beautiful.

Love your cute bird family Brooke. How lucky to have been able to watch them even for that short time. And even luckier to have been able to capture those fabulous photos.

Yeah I was pretty sure I have seen some layouts about non family and friends subjects on your blog Tink.

5. Tink April 3, 2008 at 1:19 pm #

Looking back, I did a lot of them. But here are two recent ones:

They are at the end of the posts. :)

6. Hope April 4, 2008 at 2:00 pm #

Thanks so much for this inspiration. I was just starting to put together a new page but didn’t know what direction to go in until I read your post. Then I realized that a picture of the NC mountains would so perfectly reflect the scripture I was scrapping. Thanks Karen. My post is here: http://4thememories.blogspot.com/2008/04/back-to-beginning.html

Hope’s last blog post..Back to the Beginning

7. karooch April 4, 2008 at 8:01 pm #

Loved those two layouts Tink. Especially the way you’ve got the photos disappearing off the edges of the paper and your terrific use of white space.

Great idea to do the distance shot and the close up of the monument Hope . It adds a lot of perspective.

8. Michelle April 4, 2008 at 9:51 pm #

I find myself doing more and more layouts like this. In fact, when I work on my pages from Hawaii, very few of the photo even have people in them. As a photographer, I live focusing on the nature. Here is just one of many examples of pages I have created without people – http://scrappyhour.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/results-of-another-challenge/.

Michelle’s last blog post..Results of Another Challenge

9. karooch April 4, 2008 at 10:24 pm #

Love how you’ve portrayed the plants on the roof Michelle. You only realise the location by the second photo.

10. Pet Video Site November 26, 2008 at 2:50 pm #

Thank you for reminding me of that point of view. Great minds think alike!!! I’m going to link to your site on my blogroll.

11. Party Rentals Florida April 15, 2009 at 6:54 pm #

Flowers, i most love flowers so on my scrapbuk more preference for FLOWERS.

12. plantesjardinsnature August 19, 2009 at 7:22 pm #

Interesting idea i don’t have time to do scrapbooking but i enjoy all your work. wonderful jobs you all made .

1. Sparky’s Scratches » Blog Archive » Under the weather - April 2, 2008

[…] out in the garden. That reminded me of a layout I did, which fits perfectly with Karen’s (Scraps of Mind) request to post a Nature […]