My New Baby

Congratulations Mum, it’s a Dell Mini Notebook

My Dell Mini NotebookThis is my new little baby.

Isn’t she cute?

She’s really dinky. Almost too small to have been taken from her mother.

And she’s purple!

I didn’t want to get anything that looked remotely like it was a work tool. This is all about play and portability.

Having lugged my work laptop across the central business district of Melbourne it does not meet my definition of  ‘portable’.

I wanted something that I could grab and tuck under my arm when I go to my Tuesday craft catch up with the girls.

I wanted instant portability without lots of cables.

I wanted a power pack that doesn’t weigh as much as the machine itself.

I wanted something lightweight enough that I won’t get fed up carrying it about when I go to Europe next week.

My baby comes with a Bluetooth wireless mouse because I hate those touchpad thingys. As with all babies there was a little teething trouble in the beginning but I found a little pacifier to stick in a USB port and the teething problems went away.

I’ve bought a cute little purple outfit for her to keep her warm when she’s having a sleep.

Just think of the digital scrapbook layouts and ATCs we can make together.

Did I mention that she’s purple?

Everyone say, “Aaahhhh!”

20 Responses to My New Baby

1. Elaine October 21, 2009 at 5:16 pm #

I think she is purplicious!!

2. Seona October 21, 2009 at 6:12 pm #

Awwww! Adorable!

3. Antoinette October 22, 2009 at 12:54 pm #

Aaahhhh!! Never seen a purple baby before, she’s cute!

4. Jenny B October 23, 2009 at 8:28 pm #

I’ve been eyeing off a netbook as well but didn’t like the Asus ones. It seems they only come in bland White, Black, Brown or crazy hot pink. This purple one is exactly what I’m after! Looks great, going to give Dell a call tomorrow :)

• karooch October 23, 2009 at 10:12 pm #

Well I’m very happy with my new baby Jenny. I hope you will be too.

5. Janice and Baby November 2, 2009 at 6:19 pm #

Wow that is very cute. I want to get a new netbook but they are still a bit too expensive for me. Maybe for christmas, I hope!.

6. betsson November 9, 2009 at 9:23 pm #

Ahhhh I have the same and I love it. It’s so easy to handle and everybody is jealous to me;-).

p.s I really like the way you wrote your article!

• karooch November 10, 2009 at 12:51 am #

Thank you Betsson. I’m currently cruising down the Rhine Gorge in Germany and sipping a hot chocolate whilst I catch up on my email and upload my photos. My baby is a great travel companion.

7. betsson November 10, 2009 at 1:09 am #

Cool, it’s a nice area. If you are there you have to visit Cologne, too. It’s really beautiful.

8. ali November 13, 2009 at 9:09 pm #

i want one! It think it’s gorgeous!

• karooch November 13, 2009 at 10:41 pm #

She truly is gorgeous. I’ve been on a river cruise over the last two weeks and she has been a wonderful traveling companion.

9. Dena: Roofing Construction and Repairs November 23, 2009 at 5:59 am #

I’ve been in dire need of a netbook for updating my blog and doing some reading. Something like this might fit the bill.

The color is lovely, but I’m a bit more of a green girl. Maybe a pearlescent green?

Congratulations. I hope the two of you have a long and fruitful relationship.

10. archery hunting equipment November 27, 2009 at 8:27 am #

It seems they only come in bland White, Black, Brown or crazy hot pink.thanks…

• karooch November 28, 2009 at 9:26 am #

Actually no. Depending on the brand that you buy there is a whole world of colours to choose from.

11. Avoid foreclosure in Las Vegas December 13, 2009 at 9:49 am #

Now you can work with motivation. It feels good to have something that you really liked. There are actually lots of laptops available in the market. For me, I think the choice of color and other functions depends on what suit you best.

12. Jenny December 15, 2009 at 12:50 pm #

Dell Minis come in 6 colors but nowadays, you can actually change your notebook’s colors as often as you change your hair or eye color. They call it skins. They come not just in plain color but also with patterns and texture. I’m sure someday, you can actually order a custom skin of your liking.

• karooch December 15, 2009 at 1:34 pm #

That sounds really cool Jenny. When I get bored with purple I’ll look out for a fancier skin.

13. Andrew Keir January 1, 2010 at 11:50 am #

I’ve been hanging out to get a netbook for a while now but can’t make up my mind.

I’m sort of hoping Apple will get into gear and make a netbook sizes Airbook.

14. Raela January 5, 2010 at 5:41 pm #

I got an Acer 10.1 inch for Christmas, and I adore it! So easy and tiny, it fits right in my bag, and I don’t even notice it’s there. My baby is red… : )

1. Artist Trading Card (ATC) Swaps — Scraps Of Mind - October 13, 2012

[…] just bought myself a little mini notebook computer so I can also do some digital stuff whilst I’m […]