We’re back in Kansas, Toto

One of the really fantastic things about writing Scraps of Mind is that I get to meet (in a virtual sense) many wonderful people from all around the globe in the scrapbooking blogosphere.

One such person is Joe Cheray from Wildheart’s Web 2.0.

Joe wrote a series of articles on Scraps of Mind a while back called Texture Tuesday where she showed us how you can create and use textures in digital scrapbooking.  She and I have been blog buddies ever since we both went through the Blog Mastermind Course together.

Anyhow, it seems Joe was invited by her local Kansas TV station to do an interview about digital scrapbooking and during the interview she gave Scraps of Mind a plug. How cool is that?

You can see the interview here.

Thank you Joe.

I really appreciate you thinking of me.  Especially when you must have had a bunch of nerves to deal with at the thought of being interviewed on TV.

Full length Digital Scrapbook Tutorials

9 Responses to We’re back in Kansas, Toto

1. Joe Cheray October 7, 2010 at 11:09 am #

The pleasure was all mine and you deserve credit where credit is due as well my dear. Blog Mastermind was the best thing that happened to us would be bloggers.

2. Joe Cheray October 7, 2010 at 11:13 am #

I wasn’t too nervous I was talking about something that was familiar to me. Now had I gone on to talk about something that I didn’t really know about then mmm yeah lol. Did you hear they asked to have me back sometime? I should ask to do a live feed and include you to talk about digital art with me.

I also have a few tricks up my sleeve that you will want to watch out for. You will L O V E LOVE what I am cooking up.

3. Jay@plus size costumes October 7, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

I guess I am one of the old school of scrapbook fans. I haven’t gotten into digital scrapbooking yet but if I can conquer my online fears, then digital scrapbooking should be no problem. I like the helpful articles.

• karooch October 8, 2010 at 7:31 am #

Once you try it you’ll never look back Jay. If you go to my Step by Step Digital Scrapbook Site here
      You can pick up Beginners Tutorial #1 which gives you a full step by step demonstration on creating your first digital scrapbook layout, together with a complementary digital scrapbook kit to get you started right away.

4. Patrick October 13, 2010 at 12:47 pm #

was looking for information around on the internet for chalkboards and stumbled upon your site. And noticed a success story right within this page :D Congratulations to both of you guys, it’s always cool to see people growth out of their passion ;)

I’m not one into scrapbooking lol, but my wife is, and I’ll certainly send her your way. To many more success ….and interviews to both of you !

Pat

• karooch October 14, 2010 at 7:32 am #

Thanks a lot Patrick.

5. Chris October 15, 2010 at 12:33 pm #

Nice interview. I’m both a digital and traditional scrapbooker, but digital is slowing taking over! Paper Cutter

• karooch October 15, 2010 at 12:46 pm #

Thanks Chris. Yes I’ve found the same. With digital scrapbooking it’s so easy to start and and stop projects at the drop of a hat and your supplies get reused and recolored over and over again. It’s been winning me over from paper scrapbooking for some time. I do like to mix the two though and make hybrid projects.

6. Joe Cheray November 10, 2010 at 12:52 am #

For me anything digital is better and easier on my hand. I love traditional scrap booking but for someone who can’t handle the use of scissors much any more it is easier for me to just point and click and all that with the mouse.

Thank you all for your comments and your support of Karen and myself.