Recovering your Scrapbooking Mojo

Creative-Inspiration

Are you finding it a bit of a struggle to get back into your scrapbooking?

The holiday season is over (well, not so much in Australia as it’s our Summer here) and your scrapbooking routine flew out the window over the last couple of months.

And now you’re thinking you should be getting back into it but somehow it’s hard to get motivated.

Yeah, I so know that feeling.

But I got to thinking about this over the last couple of weeks. And in my opinion . . .

IT DOESN”T MATTER!!!

Scrapbooking is (for most of us) a hobby.

It’s about a relaxing, fun and creative way to spend our leisure time.

So if right now you choose to spend your leisure time cruising the Internet, playing Facebook games or reading about scrapbooking on sites like this instead of creating your own layouts . . . IT’S OK.

Once I got to this point I felt a weight lift off my shoulders.

It’s silly I know but I was actually beating myself up because I wasn’t getting myself focussed and being productive; not just about creating scrapbook layouts but about writing for Scraps of Mind too.

And the more I beat myself up the less I felt motivated to do anything and the less creative I felt.

If this sounds like you then my advice is . . .

LET IT GO.

As the lyrics of a Golden Oldie go:

“If it feels good do it.

If it hurts just let it lie.”

So keep on cruising the Internet. And please keep on reading Scraps of Mind. Heaven knows there’s tons of stuff on this site.

And when you’re ready, you’ll know. And you’ll feel like creating something.

And when you’re ready to start again here’s some ideas to get you going again.

When Your Mojo is No-Go

10 Top Ways to Rekindle your Scrapbooking Inspiration

How to beat Scrappers Block

10 Speedy Scrapbook Ideas

6 Responses to Recovering your Scrapbooking Mojo

1. corina January 24, 2013 at 4:47 pm #

Dear Karen,

I know it is long time ago that we “talk” (almost 4 years, the time is flying), but last evening a friend of mine (her name is also Karen) asked me about starting a scrapbook blog. And then I had to think of you, and your great work, so I told her she has to pay you a “visit”. But first I wanted to drop by and say hello, wishing you all the best in the world! Your blog changed so much, congratulation for the great work!Corina from Holland

2. karooch January 24, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

Hey Corinna. Great to hear from you again. Almost 4 years!!! OMG!
    Anyway I’d be happy to help your friend to start up her blog in any way I can. So have her contact me when she visits and we can talk about what she might need to get started.

3. Maggie February 3, 2013 at 8:38 am #

Hi Karen. I feel better after reading this. I have been feeling guilty about not getting back into doing craft projects. Thanks for reminding me that its not supposed to be a chore.

4. karooch February 4, 2013 at 9:45 am #

Yeah I have to keep reminding myself of that Maggie. And writing Scraps of Mind means there are lots of extra things on the to-do list to make me feel guilty. I’m aiming to make this a guilt free year.

5. Allyson Odom June 5, 2013 at 10:01 am #

Allyson Odom recently posted…No last blog posts to return.My Profile

6. Cyril N. Flowers June 21, 2013 at 8:53 am #

let’s say i wanted to think about ideas associated with “summer.” then i would start a blank page in my notebook or on my laptop and i would write down every word that reminded me of that season…watermelon, beach, sunburn, sprinklers, popsicles, heart sunglasses, denim shorts. then you break it down even further…each of those words has even more ideas, feelings or memories associated with them. what do heart sunglasses remind me of? lolita. what memory does sunburn spark for me? getting my hair braided on a cruise as a kid and getting sunburned so bad in between each braid. and now all of a sudden i am thinking about braids…and then hair tutorials. see what i’m getting at here?
    Cyril N. Flowers recently posted…No last blog posts to return.My Profile