Scrapbooking recipes for iPads

Question 1: Do you use an iPad or other brand tablet?

Question 2: Do you use it in the kitchen?

The iPad/tablet has jumped into our lives in the last few years with people from all walks of life and age demographics succumbing to the lure of the portable, instant, shareable photo album.

But there are many other things you can use your iPad for; including as a recipe book!

PudinaTalHobz

With all the cool imaginative covers for these units that can make them stand up easily on your work surface they are perfect for using in the kitchen when you’re cooking. And it’s easy to wipe the grubby swipe fingermarks off when you’re done.

But you don’t just have to get your recipes from the Internet.

Try scrapbooking your own favourites and loading them onto your iPad. That way you’ll have a lovely picture to look at whilst you’re cooking.

Chocolate-Fruit-Fudge

You can keep them all together in a folder/album and categorise them as you like.
<!––nextpage––>
And cooking with your scrapbook recipe cards is sure to brighten your day.

Lemon-Slice

Since you don’t intend to print them out I suggest you create a ‘save for the web’ copy of your scrapbook recipe card to upload to your iPad. That way it won’t take up much memory.

So I’ve gone through the Free Digital Scrapbook Recipe Cards that I’ve given you in the past and made iPad/Tablet friendly versions of them for you to download. Just click on the images to open the bigger file and then save to your iPad (right mouse click and Save Image As…).

Chocolate-and-potato-cake

And think of me when you’re happily cooking up a storm in your kitchen with your super duper iPad scrapbook recipe book.

By the way, if you think this is a cool idea please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or wherever.

PS: If you want to download the high resolution scrapbook recipe cards for printing out you can get them here:

Free Scrapbooking Recipe Card– Fruity Chocolate Fudge

Recipe Scrapbooking – Chocolate Bread Pudding

Free Scrapbooking Recipe Book

, ,

13 Responses to Scrapbooking recipes for iPads

1. Laura January 31, 2013 at 9:06 am #

My son-in-law saves favorite recipes from friends. I have one question, what is castor sugar?

• karooch January 31, 2013 at 9:10 am #

Sorry Laura I didn’t realise castor sugar wasn’t a universal name. Maybe just British and Australian. It’s a fine white sugar that is commonly used in baking because ‘normal’ sugar is too coarse and granular. What’s it called in North America?

2. Laura January 31, 2013 at 10:05 am #

OK, that would “powdered sugar” here.

• karooch January 31, 2013 at 10:07 am #

Thanks Laura. I’ll try to remember that in future. Oh the complications of language in the English speaking world!!

3. Dimmi February 3, 2013 at 8:34 am #

Oh I love this idea. I can scan some of my favorite recipes from magazines and make them with my iPad. That way they won’t get all torn and dirty so I can’t read them.

4. karooch February 4, 2013 at 9:42 am #

That’s a great idea Dimmi. My torn out pages are looking a bit ratty. I think I’ll do the same.

5. Antoinette February 27, 2013 at 3:55 pm #

What a wonderful idea Karen! I’ve pinned it :)
    I hate mobile phones, so I don’t have one, but bought a Kindle in London last Sunday. Still figuring the thing out, but I’m sure I will be able to upload the recipe cards there too. Thank you!

• karooch May 29, 2013 at 9:49 pm #

Thanks a lot for the Pin Antoinette.
      You’ll love your Kindle. I have a Kobo and it’s just sooo handy to have a choice of books handy wherever I am. It’s actually got so that if I’m reading a ‘real’ book I keep tapping the edge of the page with my finger to turn it.

6. Samantha Deleon July 8, 2013 at 11:02 am #

You’re bound to have a good time putting your album together, and when you’re finished you’ll have a high useful keepsake. Whether you keep your scrapbook for yourself or make it for a friend or family member as a gift, anyone who sees your cookbook project will be impressed and inspired to put those recipes to good use.
    Samantha Deleon recently posted…No last blog posts to return.My Profile

7. Bernadette T. Bauer July 18, 2013 at 7:23 am #

You may also want to consider going with 8.5×11 if you want to print on your home printer, or use the traditional scrapbook page size of 12×12. I might also recommend scrapping in 8×8 as this is also easy to print on an 8×10 if you’d like to scrap a square layout. And if you have an iPad or tablet check out this post for some iPad friendly recipe cards you can download.

8. silver price August 15, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

This is what my recipes look like inside their sheet protectors. I digitally scrapbook recipes that are tried and true keepers, and then they end up in this box. I have lots of my digitally scrapbooked recipes on my blog, so be sure to check them out on my right side bar under the Recipes heading. If you want to know how to print and use my digitally scrapbooked recipes, go here .
    silver price recently posted…No last blog posts to return.My Profile

9. Hilda Booker September 18, 2013 at 2:04 am #

The idea of a recipe scrapbook might seem strange at first, but think about it: how many of your favorite family memories are centered on the dinner table? If your family’s like mine, it’s quite a few. A recipe scrapbook isn’t just a cookbook, it’s a collection of stories: about Mom’s famous Christmas pot roast, or the recipes that Grandma brought to America, or Aunt Elise’s authentic Belgian waffles. A recipe scrapbook is a fun, thoughtful way to preserve these family memories, and ensure that the recipes are passed down to the next generation.
    Hilda Booker recently posted…No last blog posts to return.My Profile

10. Irene A. Gilmore September 21, 2013 at 2:30 pm #

Unfortunately my binder came with broken binder rings. They would not close. I was really disappointed. The binder was also a bit big for my taste but would have kept it and used it had it not been broken. Still on the hunt to find a good, easy, compact way to store my favorite recipes.
    Irene A. Gilmore recently posted…No last blog posts to return.My Profile