Welcome to the Archives section of Scraps of Mind. I’ve set this page up to give you easier and more direct access to the major articles I’ve posted on this site that may otherwise be difficult to find as Scraps of Mind continues to grow and expand. Hope you find this a useful resource.
- My ScrapBlogging Journey – Who I am and why I’m here
- Keep up to date with your favourite Blogs using RSS – How this RSS thing can work for you and make your blogging life easier.
- Join the Scraps of Mind Journalist Team and become a Guest Scrapbook Writer
- How to Digital Scrapbook from Soup 2 Nuts Learn how to digital scrapbook with step by step video tutorials.
- The Ultimate Scrapbook Freebie Join with hundreds of other scrapbookers at the Garden Party Mega Scrapbook Kit giveaway.
- Not Enough Scrapbooking Space?
- Hybrid Scrapbooking – What’s It All About?
- Cosmetic Surgery in Scrapbooking
- Scrapbooking as an Educational Tool
- Digital Scrapbooking vs Traditional Scrapbooking
- Have You Ever Done a Scrapbook Layout Makeover?
- Scrapbooking is not a Race
- Black is the new Black
- Planning your Layouts with Sketches
- What Resolution should you print your Layouts at?
- 50th Anniversary Card & a Free Template
- What You Need to Know About Copywright in the Scrapbooking World
- 10 Top Ways to Rekindle Scrapbooking Inspiration
- Scrapbooking In Circles
- Quick Pages – the Busy Scrapbooker’s Saviour
- Interview with Ro Paxman – CEO of ScrapGirls. Audio interview with the woman who dreamed the Scrapbooking dream, and made it happen
- 3 Different Techniques for making Artist Trading Cards
- Podcast Interview with Founder of Digital Scrap Wiki
- AZZA Scrapbooking
- Artist Trading Card (ATC) Swaps
- When Your Mojo is No-Go
- Low Cost Digital Scrapbooking
The Scrapbooking Journaling Series
- How to use Word Art
- 21 Resources for Creative Scrapbookers
- Are you an Environmentally Friendly Scrapbooker?
- Touring with the Travel Teddies – Part 1
- Monochrome Scrapbook Layouts – When one color is not enough
- Hybrid Scrapbooking – Perfect for Cardmaking
- Using Word Art in Real Life
- Try some Repetition on your Scrapbook Layouts
- Hybrid Scrapbooking – The Best of Both Worlds
- Free Scrapbooking Recipe Book
- Black and White Scrapbook Layouts
- Simple Scrapbooks – What are they?
- Scrapbooking in Silhouette
- Madison Avenue Scrapbooking
- Make a Transparent Scrapbook Layout
- Scrapbooking Today vs Yesterday
- Scrapbooking is Not a Waste of Time
- Scrapbook Layout Titles
- Are you a Scrapbooking Cardmaker or a Cardmaking Scrapbooker?
- Do your Scrapbook Layouts Shape Up?
- Scrapbook Your Garden
- Do you Scrapbook for the Journey or the Destination?
- Scrapbook Organization on a Budget
- A Dozen Ideas to find Scrapbooking Time
- Do You Scrapbook with One or Many Photos?
- Scrap Those Body Parts!
- Scrapbooking Today vs Yesterday
- How to beat Scrappers Block
- 10 Speedy Scrapbook Ideas
- Scrapbook Organization – Ribbon Storage Ideas
- Recipe Scrapbooking – Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Hybrid Scrapbooking a 50th Card
- Haiku Your Journaling
Scrapbooking Tips, Techniques & Tutorials
OTHER SCRAPBOOKING TIPS AND TECHNIQUES
- Personalising your background
Scan your favourite fabrics and clothes to make personalised backgrounds for your layouts.
- Making coordinating flowers
Draw or stamp flowers onto coordinating patterned paper for a great mix and match look on your layouts
- Journaling from the heart
Turn to the haiku for a wonderful way of expressing emotion
- Photomerge – electronic versions of your paper scrapbook layouts
Share your paper layouts with family and friends electronically.
- Printing your digital layouts
Your digital layouts don’t have to stay on the computer. print them out and maybe add some extra ‘real life’ embellishments too.
- Doodling for the drawing challenged
Doodling without risking ruining your layout.
- The Visual Triangle
A great design principle to enhance your layout design.
- The Rule of Thirds and Z Movement
Two fundamental design principals to create a more visually appealing layout
- Upsizing photos
A technique to increase the size of your photos whilst minimising quality degredation
- Love your layers
Understand the power and value of the layers function in photo editing software.
- Making your own rub-ons (courtesy of Scrap Girls)
Now you can use digital elements to make your own rub-ons for traditional scrapping
- 10 Terrific Ideas for Framing Your Photos
10 techniques for different approaches to framing your photos on your scrapbook layouts.
- Blend you Own Backgrounds
Using blending modes to create your own unique look by blending background papers together
And here’s the Video Tutorial version.
- Create Scrapbook Backgrounds from your Photos
Use those out of focus photos to make unique Scrapbook layout backgrounds
- Transforming Perspective in Photos
Use the Transform function in Photoshop Elements to alter the perspective of your photos
- Make a Photo Collage Layout
Create a blended photo collage layout.
- Try Making an Animated Layout
Animated layouts are a lot of fun, here are some points to consider when making them yourself.
- Shortcuts for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements
Some fave shortcuts to make your digital scrapbooking quicker.
- Add a Great Effect to your Photos with a Layer Filter
How to give your photos a funky look using layer filters
- How to Use Textures in Scrapbook Layouts
Texture files are a great addition to your digital scrapbooking arsenal. here are some ideas on how to use them.
- Scrapbook Idea: Dressing up Your Photos
Dress up the photos on your scrapbook layouts with some great ideas for corner embellishments
- Budget Scrapbooking Idea – Fixing Chalk
A handy tip to stop chalk from smudging all over your scrapbook layout or card.
- Tips for making Scrapbook Embellishments
Make your own scrapbook embellishments
- Great Photography is about 30% Camera by Kayla
- 3 Tips for Better Titles by Melo
- The Secrets Of Styles by Melo
- The Story of a Scrapbooking Orphan by Seona
- Scrapbooking Your Recipes by Monique
- How to use Textures in Digital Scrapbooking by Wildheart
- Photographing Children? Here’s What You Need to Know! by Becky Patterson
And check out Wildheart’s Texture Tuesday series, packed with texture tutorials and examples.
- GIMP Installation Guide by Olga
- Organizing my Scrapbookable Moments by Hope
- Calendar Keeping can keep you Focused on the Details by Calli
- What Happened to the Sad and the Bad? by June
- The PMA Show – Digital Scrapbooking Heaven by Kayla
- 7 Top Scrapbook Organization Tips by Erika
- Scrapbook Layouts are a lot like Sandwiches by Dreamscrapper
- How to make Frames with Paintshop Pro by Wildheart
- How to use Scanned objects in Hybrid and Digital Scrapbooking by June
How to Scrapbook Your Life Story
A great series from Kylie Moore of KylieM Designs. Follow her guide and create a fantastic inheritance for your kids.
Building Better Blogs for Beginners
- 10 Tips for Building a Better Blog (Part 1)
- 10 Tips for building a Better Blog (Part 2)
- 10 Steps for publishing a professional looking post…first time
- Have you backed up your blog ?
- Blogging 101
- Blog post titles – make them meaningful
- Link up your Blog
- Trackbacks and Pingbacks
- Keep up to date with your favourite Blogs using RSS
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest Blog of all
- Roll up, roll up for the Carnival
- Let Your Blog Stumble…it won’t hurt
- 5 Ways to get more Blog Comments
- Easy Way to get more Traffic to your Blog – Blogrush Widget
- Earn Some Money with your Blog
- Can You take a Break from Blogging Without Losing Readers?
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Blog Carnivals
- Why WordPress?
- How to White List your emails.
- 4 Tips to Make your Blog Interesting
- Are You Driving Blog Commenters Away?
- Get a Traffic Rush to your Blog
- So Where Does the RSS Button Go?
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Posts Attractive to Google